Buscar

27/1/14 Take a step in my glamorous shoes

I never really thought I had a unique and stylish way of dressing until recently. I mean, I knew what sort of clothes I liked but up until current months I knew how to style all my pieces together. Not to seem boastful, but I will say I have quite a good eye in fashion. I wouldn’t call myself a fashionista but I always have to look my best everywhere I go.

I guess my style changes depending on my current interest at the time; I guess that’s with most people I suppose. Right now I tend to go for girly vintage looks. Lots of pastels, golds and elegant patterns consume my wardrobe right now. A lot of my friends always comment on how they love my closest and now they would die to have the things inside it (again not to boast). However I do own a fair few classy yet sexy outfits here and there. I do love my blacks and reds as well as my pastels.

The key to owning these amazing pieces is to wait until they are on sale. It may sound shabby and meretricious, but still being young and still unfortunately unemployed, I have very limited money supply. Also, it helps me be a good shopper. If I see something that catches my eye and it’s full price and out of my budget, I wait a few weeks until it goes on sale. If I still desire to have whatever it is, then I buy it. Otherwise if I bought it when it was full price, I would have 1) I may not even want it anymore or have no need for it/have nowhere to wear what ever it is. 2) Therefore I wasted precious money I could have used on something else. I am a very savvy shopper I must say.

Even though I have developed my own style, I still like to wear some what of whatever is the latest fashion trend. However I only buy it if it is something that I would wear once the season is over, and/or it is something I truly love. Take peplum tops/skirts/dresses for example. Although not many people are still wearing many peplum items, I still find them adorable. The design compliments my figure as it makes my waist seem skinnier and my hips more curvy. I mean why not wear something that is cute and complimentary? Even if the design has disappeared for a little bit, if you wear it with pride and confidence, the style might just come bouncing back, and there you have it: You’ve set the trend/bought it back in fashion!

However with things such as those “jelly” shoes – AKA plastic/rubber sandals or flip flops, I find personally tacky and they will soon find their way out of style. I mean crocs are bad enough without these things. And too, wouldn’t they be so uncomfortable in the summer heat? You’re not meant to wear these shoes with socks, so sweaty feet against plastic/rubber is not a good combination. Plus the shoes would smell like crap. Items like them will be off the shelves soon enough.

All in all, I hope you liked reading more about who I am and my style of wardrobe.

- Miranda Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment